Saturday, November 10

too too quiet

life is but a dream and so I hope everyone is sleeping.

has been lovely rereading Horse's Neck. Begins right in the way of Portrait of an Artist as a Young Man (I am unwavering). But let's make you get up and look for that book and then flip, flip, flip for the aha.

read, read, read, read, read, read, read, read, read, read, read, read, read, read, read, read, read, read, read

and that is truly my post.

by the way, you don't need a device to help you to read (or some such). the book is perfectly useful, easy to open, easy to turn of its pages. a computer is not a book. I am typing this on a MacBook but see how made up that name is?

(Please don't tell me how more convenient some e-reader is for you and your wrist.)

READ.


2 comments:

  1. no, never e-book or kindle here. Love an actual book. When Pete's Who I am arrived and I picked it up at the Post Office, a woman in line asked, wow, is that an "actual book", yep an actual book!! I said.
    Oh, and I loved Horse's Neck. ANd I am enjoying the audio book of Who I am. It's Pete's story, in his own voice, it really is lovely. Got both, the actual book, the Voice adaption. But yeah, read a book with real pages...agree with you, whole heartedly. Easier on the eyes I think anyway. phooey to some new technology ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your post, Gina. You always make me smile. I don't have an e-reader either. I love a proper book and it IS more convenient, tactile and easy to handle than some strange flat thing with swipe screens. I am too sensory sensitive for an e-reader :))

    ReplyDelete